To work efficiently and provide the maximum benefits of voice instruction, I ask each parent and student to understand and follow these policies, sign the agreement, and return it.
Download the policy and agreement here.
1. I teach on the semester system which corresponds to the calendar dates with York College of Pennsylvania. Half hour lesson price is $23.00; hour lesson price is $40.00. If you prefer to take lessons at the University Music Service Location then please add a $ 3.00 rental fee to the price of each half hour lesson or a $6.00 rental fee to the price of each hourly lesson for the use of this location.
2. Monthly payments will be due on the first lesson of every month, and post-dated cheques for the quarter will also be accepted. Students will be responsible for all monthly lessons whether they make all lessons or not except in the case of emergent cancellation. Please understand that the tuition fee covers more than just private lesson time. Tuition also covers instruments, technology, lesson preparation time, and all other supplies and expenses of running a business. A portion of each payment will be used towards these expenses.
3. If we have decided that due to performance/traveling schedule that you will not have a set weekly lesson then payment will be due each lesson. However, students who agree to a semester of lessons contract will have priority in scheduling and the same cancellation policy applies.
4. All lessons missed as a result of my absence shall be made up at a convenient time for all or they will be refunded.
5. The time slot that you have booked for lessons is yours, and of no use to anyone else as long as you hold that time. Make-up lessons will be offered to students who give at least 1 week’s notice for planned events (such as school plays, trips, or examination conflicts), and 24 hours notice for illness and unexpected emergencies. Students who don’t show up for scheduled lessons with no notice will NOT be offered make-ups for these times, regardless of the reason.
6. Students arriving late for their lessons will NOT be given extra lesson time to make up for this. I try to stay on schedule and normally book lessons back to back so promptness is important.
7. There will be no extra charge for times I feel the need to spend extra time with your child. This can and will happen when time allows me to give a little extra, so please let me know when students MUST leave lesson on time.
8. Students wishing to terminate lessons shall give two weeks notice.
9. Lessons may be terminated by the instructor at any time but particularly if the student is not prepared for lessons during a quarter. I can only teach a certain number of students. It is not fair for me to keep a student who is not working and have to turn away someone who really wants to learn.
10. A $30 fee will be charged for NSF cheques. After the second NSF cheque, only cash payments will be accepted.
All students/parents who find these policies acceptable will sign one copy and return it to me at their second lesson. Please keep the other copy for your own reference.
I have read the policies above and agree to follow them.
Parent Signature / Date
Student Signature / Date
Sarah M. Altman-Kopko, MA, MM, MA CCC-SLP
Bachelor of Music: Vocal Performance, 2007
Singing Health Specialist Certificate, 2008
Master of Music: Vocal Performance, 2009
Master of Arts: Vocal Pedagogy, 2009
Master of Arts: Speech Language Pathology, 2012
Member of The National Association of Teachers of Singing
Member of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association